Due to the digital nature of our files, all sales are final and are non-refundable once downloaded unless significantly different than advertised.
Use the graphics in a commercial project of any kind as long as they are part of a new work, and the graphics cannot be extracted from the final design on their own. This includes, but is not limited to, website, t-shirt, jewelry, card, and graphic design.
- You can’t give away, share, resell or redistribute the graphics on their own. If you have a friend that wants to use the graphics, please refer them to my store.
- You can’t post the stand-alone graphics as they are on your website or blog in a manner that would make them available to download.
- You cannot use the graphics in a new work where the individual graphics can be extracted from the final file, such as a layered .psd file.
- You can’t claim copyright of the graphics individually or in a collection.
Commercial Use in a Website/Blog Design:
If the graphics are used in a website/blog design, attribution is always nice, but it is requested (not required) that you do a couple of extra things.
- A credit line on every page of the website/blog or at the bottom of the template that says something like “Some graphical elements by Avalon Rose Design”.
- Hyperlink the words “Avalon Rose Design” to https://theavalonrose.com.
Public Domain Images
*Public domain: Works in the public domain are those whose intellectual property rights have expired, been forfeited, or are inapplicable. In the United States copyright law states that a creative work that was registered or published before 1923 falls into the public domain. Individual public domain works cannot be protected by copyright, because they are owned by all. Collections of public domain works may be protected by copyright, however.
If a set of graphics on this site is listed as believed to be in the public domain (research is done to ensure that the graphics were published before 1923), there are no limitations on the usage of these images. You are only restricted in that you can’t redistribute the collection/compilation as it is, because that is copyrighted.
*This information is not meant to replace legal advice, so please check with your lawyer if you have any questions.
Go ahead and use them however you want. Sharing with others is not allowed, however. Have fun!