Looking for the FAQ's for the Serendipity Theme? You can find them here.
What web host should I choose?
I am now recommending Shopify the most for businesses that want to sell online. It is loaded with features, and there are many apps that can provide additional functionality. It's powerful, secure, and best of all, easy for even novices to use. Plus they have a customer service staff available 24/7.
What customizations are included in your Shopify themes?
All Shopify themes have different customizations available. For example, a home page slideshow, social networking icons and sharing, colors, and more.
Avalon Rose Design Shopify Theme Features:
- Responsive / Mobile-Friendly
- 2 Installed Design Presets
- Customize Fonts and Text Size
- Upload Your Own Site Graphics Including Logo
- Contact Form and Portfolio / LookBook Page Templates
- Optional Homepage Popup for Announcements or Newsletter SignUp
- Full or Contained Width Homepage Slideshow
- Show an Image Grid of up to 9 Images Below Slideshow on Homepage
- Show Featured Products and/or All Collections on Homepage
- Drop Down Option for Main Menu
- Lightbox Zoom Option for Product Images
- Product Thumbnails can be Shown Below or to the Right of the Main Product Image
- Optional Sale and Sold Out Badges on Products for your Collections Pages
- Option to Turn On or Off the Search Form, Cart Link and Social Icons in Top Bar
- Social Sharing on Products to Allow Sharing of Your Products on Social Media
- Add Navigation Menu, Newsletter Signup, and Social Media Icons in the Footer
- Show Accepted Payments in Footer
- Slideout Checkout Option so Customers Don't Leave Current Page
- 3 Different Blog Layout Options: Standard, Full-Width or Grid
- All Graphics in web and .psd formats for the Prairie Preset
- Style Guide for the Prairie Preset Including Color and Font List
Can I maintain my website on my own?
Can I make layaway payments, or send you a downpayment to reserve a design before it sells out?
Do you add the products and photos to my site?
No. Site maintenance of any kind, including product listings and photo uploading are not included in your purchase. The web hosts that I work with make it easy for you to add your own photos and product listings to your site. However, if you don't want to do it yourself, I do have a product entry service available.
I already have a logo, can you add it to one of your designs?
This is easy, you can do it yourself! The Serendipity Theme allows you to upload your own logo.
Can I purchase a design now, but have you install it at a later date?
Absolutely. After a design is purchased, I can hold it for up to 6 months. After 6 months if I haven't had any communication from you the project will be considered cancelled, and your purchase price will be held as a cancellation fee, and will be non-refundable.
I bought a design from you previously, and I want to switch hosting over to Shopify. Can you help?
While I currently design Shopify themes, many of my previous designs need to be fully recoded in order to work with Shopify's system. I don't offer that service at this time, but you can contact Chic Web Co. for information and the fees associated with the transfer.
How can I access the files after I purchase them?
After payment has been received, you will be sent an email with the links to download the files that you purchased.
I’m having difficulty downloading the files to my iPad/tablet, what am I doing wrong?
First, most of the files available are very large in size. Most tablets have a limited amount of storage, therefore, you will most likely need to download the graphics to a computer that has more storage. If you need to work with the graphics on your tablet, an option would be to save the graphics in cloud storage such as Dropbox. Second, most tablets don’t come with a native app that will allow you to unzip folders. There are many different apps that can do this, so you will need to find one to install to your tablet if you want to be able to unzip folders from your device.
I can’t unzip files on my computer/tablet, can you send them unzipped?
Due to the large file size of most of these graphics, as well as the number of them that are put together in separate packages, they need to be zipped. Most computers have programs that allow you to unzip files easily, however, if you are using a tablet you may need a separate app to do this. There is also a free program out there that you can download for a Mac or PC that will allow you to unzip folders, and it’s called Zipeg. You can download it here www.zipeg.com.
My download has a .zip.part extension and I can’t open it, what’s going on?
A .zip.part extension occurs when a download isn’t complete. If you are finding that extension on your files, it’s because you’re trying to open it before it’s completed downloading. Once the download is finished, the .part will be removed and you’ll be left with a .zip file that you can then unzip/extract and open.
I live in the European Union. Why don’t you ship to my country?
Note: This only applies to digital graphics on Avalon Rose Design. All other types of products are available worldwide. I truly apologize about this, and I wish I could allow you to purchase graphics via instant download. However, due to the new VAT tax rules, digital goods are taxed in a way that turns bookkeeping for sales in the EU into a logistical nightmare for small businesses like mine. If you still wish to purchase, I will have to arrange to send the graphics to you via a CD (not instant download), and shipping fees will be incurred at a rate which will depend on your country. Please feel free to contact me if you would like to explore this option. Another option is to purchase my graphics from my Creative Market store if you are interested in instant download.
Can I create products that I will sell with your graphics?
Yes! That’s what they’re for! The only thing you can’t do is resell the graphics themselves.
Do I need Photoshop or Illustrator to use your graphics?
Not for most of the graphics. Unless it’s specifically noted for use in Photoshop or Illustrator, you can use the graphics in any graphics editing program and there are many out there. Photoshop and Photoshop Elements are both phenomonal programs, and I highly recommend them. However, if you’re looking for a graphics program that doesn’t cost as much, then I recommend a free online program Pixlr which you don’t need to install on your computer, or Gimp which you do need to download install. Both have similar functionality to the Photoshop programs and are both free.
Can I resell your graphics?
- You can’t give away, share, resell or redistribute the graphics on their own. If you have a friend that wants to use the graphics, please refer them to my store.
- You can’t post the stand-alone graphics as they are on your website or blog in a manner that would make them available to download.
- You cannot use the graphics in a new work where the individual graphics can be extracted from the final file, such as a layered .psd file.
- You can’t claim copyright of the graphics individually or in a collection.